My first blog post. I always told myself I wouldn't do this till I was married... but times have changed. (And no, that does not mean I'm married...) Today, I have been somewhat obsessed with the genius of Mark Twain. I was quoting him all over the place. As this is my first post, it is amazing the number of things which have happened to me in the past little while. I took a huge leap and... moved out of my parents house. They did not seem at all happy about it at first, but as time has permitted they became much pleasanter the moment after I took the step. So far I love it. The only downfall was my lack of a pantry. I've been living off "free" food since Friday night. This "free" food can pretty much be summed up as the institute. It's amazing how many meals one can get from that place. When talking about this to some friends, one girl made the comment that "Why don't we donate all the leftovers to homeless people?" to which I replied "We're college students, we're practically homeless people." This is very theoretically true, as I barely see my house, college life is so busy.
I also turned in my Magazine Writing essay. My teacher has become obsessed with my story. This is a good change however, as I could imagined she considered me a complete idiot before, and I'm sure in some ways still does. -It doesn't help that my story only proliferates this notion. The joys of naivete I suppose. Perhaps I will post my essay at some point in the future. It's a good story and highly entertaining... just weird, as I'm sure many of you will attest to.
Adding this blog is simply one more way for a busy college student to divide time. I think it's a good thing however, if not for the sheer fact that my parents won't have to worry so much about me. Don't worry Mom, I'm coming home at a decent hour and yes, I'm missing half the things I need. C'est la vie, that's life.
Welcome to the blogging world! I'm glad Michelle liked your story. I still have to turn in mine which I'm scared. However, a blog is the perfect way to write freely. HUGS!
ReplyDeleteHey, So who's your "red-headed brother"? Because it's obviously not me!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited about your blog!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you decided to blog. Otherwise I don't know how I would keep up with all of the things you are doing.
ReplyDelete