Friday, October 8, 2010

When you least expect it, Life happens...

The Unexpected…
I never expected to meet Trevor. I didn’t even know he existed. Even more, I never expected him to be so much my “twinner.” We are more alike than I could have ever thought possible for two random people in this world. We have so many similarities, from our values and goals, down to our favorite kind of chocolate and a desire to go tandem biking; it is unexplainable, but wonderful. I couldn’t wished for anything more.
This has caused me to consider the question: How can two people, coming from different backgrounds equal to being the same? It strengthens my testimony about the preexistence, and our nature as spirits. That nature seems  to affect who we are more than I ever considered before. The seemingly coincidental introduction of Trevor and I has fortified my faith that God really does lead us to great happiness. There is no way Trevor and I could have met at this time, and been prepared in such a unique way to compliment each other so perfectly, without there being a God, and that is good news.
Trevor and I met at an exchange between my LDS sorority, Phi, and his fraternity, Mu on September 22nd. We were going on a scavenger hunt, and when informed that we would be put in groups he turned around and, looking directly at me, without hesitation asked, “Will you be in my group?” We had a blast taking pictures with random strangers and getting to know each other. We clicked instantaneously. We had such a great time getting to know one other that we ended up walking out together and somehow found ourselves at a piano. It all began with a piano.
We spent a few hours playing and singing, and playing together with my hand on treble and his on base, trying to match pace. It was a good deal of laughing trying to keep pace, and even more so, trying to sing to it. We were entranced.
Eventually, we were booted out the building, but still having the strong desire to know one another, we talked in the institute parking lot until 11:30pm, when time finally caught up to us.

Here continues our adventures since then…
That Saturday, after the amazing Relief Society broadcast, Trevor picked me up and we went to the Draper Theaters opening night of “Off the Wall improv.” The entire way there, waiting, and back we spent talking without pause. We had an astonishingly good first date filled with laughter. He took me home and we ended up talking for a while about everything A-Z: Our families, the gospel, our goals, our desire to go tandem biking, etc.

The next Monday, and Wednesday, he stopped by my work on campus.
Then that Friday we had the idea to watch the movie “Up” since I’ve never seen it. After the priesthood session, Trevor picked me up from my parents house and we hiked up part of the mountain in the dark, no easy feat with gear and blankets. We stopped part of the way up and camped out with our portable DVD player and an extraordinary view of the city in the foreground. It was so entrancing that we got maybe 20 minutes into the movie when we were talking so much that we just turned it off. We talked for hours. We never seem to run out of conversation. The main topic was how incredibly alike we are. We had a blast!


 Saturday Trevor had his mission reunion, but came to visit me afterwards at my parents house. We talked on my porch for a while, not even realizing that’s all we were doing for a while. It was great.
That Sunday we watched the morning session of General Conference together at the tabernacle. It was an amazing session made even more amazing with Trevor there with me. Afterwards we walked around Memorial Grove. That night Trevor picked me up and we went to his grandfather’s birthday party where I met his family and played games.
I am still amazed at how incredible his family is. Exactly the kind of family I’d like my own to be: extremely close-knit, happy and gospel-oriented.
I’ll admit I was nervous, but happy to be there.
Monday, I went to institute with Trevor. Afterwards we got pancakes in the gym. We were having an active conversation when a girl at the table asked us how long we’d known each other. We looked at each other and burst out laughing as he said “Two weeks.”
We are both amazed that we’ve only known each other for such a short time. It seems like we’ve known each other forever, literally.
Wednesday we decided to celebrate knowing each other for two weeks, just for fun. We made rootbeer floats. Being together is fun and funny like that.
Here we are to the present. Both happier than we’ve ever been in our entire lives. Both still astonished at how fast it all came. And both extraordinarily excited to continue getting to know one another. The most incredible part is how similar are goals, and we ourselves are. It’s something that still amazes me everyday. 


To sum it up: Trevor Jones is the most amazing gentleman I've ever met. He's handsome, extremely intelligent, wonderfully spiritual, hilarious, fun, caring, considerate, extraordinary and he is just like me. He's going into Chemical Engineering, is from Murray. I'm so lucky to have met him and very excited to continue getting to know him. This is the happiest life's ever been.

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome Lexie! You'll have to bring him around again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting, I'm so glad you are having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trevor told me you just started a blog, so I stalked you :) I am so excited for you guys and it was so fun getting to know you. Trevor IS amazing, and I hope you know I plan on becoming really great friends with you. :) lets do another double sometime soon okay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha he mentioned something like that lol. We totally will! He told me you like sewing! I'll admit I'm terrible, but I got a sewing machine for Christmas (at my request) which I still have no clue how to use. I'm sure I could learn a few pointers from you ;). Totally we'll do lots of doubles. and I agree, Trevor is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete