Friday, December 31, 2010

L is for the way I look at you...

The day is Wednesday, December 22, 2010. Exactly three months after Trevor and I met. He told me earlier in the week we were going to go snowshoeing up Mt. Olympus (where we had our first kiss) and then attend his family party that evening. The whole week up until wednesday he would get the biggest smile whenever wednesday was mentioned. This led me to the hopeful conclusion that this was the day Trevor would propose to me.

That morning, Trevor was late coming to get me because he couldn't find everything he needed, but about an hour after planned he came and picked me up, we rented snowshoes and headed to Mt. Olympus. We put our snowshoes on (it was my first time) and walked over to the trail. Trevor's first step over a barricade ended in a crash and glancing over I saw that he'd landed on his face, pretty funny.

We began our ascent, trekking our snowshoes through the mud -not exactly snow, but still fun. When we got higher, we tromped gleefully through the snow (much better than mud) to the spot we went on our second date (hike to watch the movie "Up" which we never actually got to watch) and our first kiss, with one of the most incredible views of the valley. Lingering, I waited and waited and waited and............ we moved on. Hiking up higher, we stopped for a snack where we'd stopped another time we came hiking. Trevor had brough bubbles (something he'd done on a previous date up the mountain) and we had fun watching them float over the mountain. Finally, somewhat cold, we decided to "snowshoe" back down through more mud and rocks and ended up at our "first-kiss" spot again. Once again I lingered, and lingered, and lingered and................ pretty soon, dissapointed, I was hiking back down the mountain. I was so dissapointed, completely bummed out. In my frustration, I asked him why he was taking so long to park that rock on my finger. Trying not to laugh he'd promised it would come soon. I was thoroughly convinced it would not come for another week or so.


While on the mountain, Trevor had gotten a text from his sister Angie, telling him the church had been double booked and their party moved to the next night. They also said we were welcome to come watch a movie at her in-laws house, who were out of town. Accepting the invitation, that's where we drove next. Bummed out, I fell asleep in the car to settle my mood. By time we got to the house, I was much happier.

Trevor woke me up to a beautiful house. We went to their movie theater and proceeded to choose a movie. Scanning through Netflix, Trevor asked if I wanted to watch "Up", so that's what we watched. We both loved the movie. The entire time I was thinking how perfect it was for us. I clearly still had no clue it was coming sooner than I expected, since before the movie I was telling Trevor he was taking forever to propose, while his sister Angie was trying really hard not to laugh.

Angie and Davis, her husband had invited us to stay for dinner, so after the movie we went to the kitchen where she proceeded to unload my favorite meal, chicken cordon-Bleu, rolls, homeade jam and rice. Suddenly, Davis reminded Angie they still had to drop of neighborhood gifts and wouldn't be able to with the party tomorrow. After asking us to cook the dinner while they went to drop them off, Trevor and I found ourselves "alone" cooking the meal. When we finished, they still weren't back and told us to eat without them.

Thirsty, Trevor went to the fridge and proceeded to pull out a bottle of Martinelli sparkling cider, saying "I really want this, I'm going to ask Davis if we can have it" to which I replied "Why would you ask that? This isn't your house, this isn't their house, why would you do that?". To my great surprise they said yes, he even showed me the text. Still I was completely clueless, even telling Trevor he couldn't have more of the Martinelli because Angie and Davis wanted us to save some.

When we finished dinner they still weren't back and said they'd be a little bit longer and just to hang out. Trevor suggested we go out to their backyard where there was a beautifully lit gazebo, the pretties I have ever seen. I said yes, and so he grabbed the conveniently placed blankets by the door and we went out. Since I didn't have good snow shoes on, Trevor carried me over and placed me on a swinging bench hooked to the gazebo. Seeing the firepit he suggested we ask if we can use it. I told him the same thing I did with the Martinelli, "Why would you ask that? This isn't your house, this isn't their house".

Once again to my clueless surprise, they said yes. Trevor turned over the dish and pulled out the wood, starter and matches conveniently placed underneath  (in the middle of winter, ha). Since they were wet, Trevor had to go inside to find more newspaper (once again conveniently situated). He came out, lit it and sat next to me, telling me all the reasons he loved me. After swinging for a while, he slid of the bench and onto both knees, to which I told him to stop joking.

He then proceeded to pull out a ring box (still I thought he was kidding since he'd threatened to before). Then he opened it and seeing the ring, I realized he was serious. He then asked me to marry him! I was thrilled! I had no clue it was coming that day, he really got me! He told me he'd planned the whole day! We stayed out there for a long time, when he told me his whole family was there, filming. I couldn't believe it, they were in the room next to the kitchen the whole time, including Angie, who'd never actually left. Finally, we went inside to be greeted by the entire family, we've got some great footage (especially the commentary).

Then, my parents and little brother came over and we had brownies and ice cream, took pictures and had a jolly old time. Trevor revealed to me how hard he'd tried to not laugh when I was so dissapointed on the mountain. He told me how he'd brought the dinner the night before, along with the fire wood, starter and matches and the newspaper. How he'd put the blankets by the door, even decorated the table with his moms fake candles (which he'd actually commented on during dinner). He did everything! It was so wonderful! It was the best day ever, I love the way he proposed, and my ring is beautiful!

After much deliberation, we've finally picked a date! June 11, 2010 at 9am. I'm so excited, life is so wonderful with Trevor!

Thanks Trevor, I love you!

Love, Lexi

p.s. pictures to come soon

3 comments:

  1. Yay for Lexi and Trevor! We're so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting. You are going to love married life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...Trevor is so sweet. I'm so glad he picked you :) you guys are going to be so happy together. Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete