AND...the countdown begins. About 4 1/2 months till our wedding and almost a month since we've been engaged! On the 11th this month, Trevor and I were dragging at the six months till our wedding day... when all of the sudden we had the epiphany that it was actually on 5 months!!! Best realization ever!
A few notes of business... This past Wednesday my first online article appeared for LDS Living magazine! To an enormous reaction, I was a bit afraid but ultimately decided it was a great thing! (after my editor congratulated me). Over 20,000 hits in the first day and 32 comments! I thought it was ridiculous! Here's the link!
http://ldsliving.com/story/63283-sister-missionaries-get-a-new-wardrobe
At first I was pretty sad at the negative comments on the page, but looking further a lot of people were really supportive. I suppose it's better to get a reaction and know that people are reading your articles, regardless of whether they're positive or negative.
Saturday. Trevor and I spent hours at the Bridal Extravaganza at the Grand America. We walked away with a free photo session with TK photography for balancing a stack of ding-dongs on my head! Trevor tried to win us free tuxes as the best dressed (he really was), and also a night-stay at a cabin near lava hot springs by modeling off on the cat-walk for the audience. He blew me a kiss, what a sweetheart.
However, our philosophy, enter as many things as we can in the hopes of something free for our wedding has somewhat paid off. Jokingly, we entered ShutterBooth Utah's photobooth picture contest. We took awesome photos and were informed today that we were selected for the top ten contest to win half off a photobooth for our wedding. AWESOME!!! So, the business side, we need votes. Go to Shutterbooth Utah facebook page and like our picture to vote. Just think how awesome it will be to have photos of yourself at our wedding. So get a voting!
http://www.facebook.com/shutterboothut
Finally.... jeepers! What great weather for Martin Luther King Day (there's a joke about: you better not get rid of the weather, 80% of people wouldn't know how to start a conversation -I like that one...). Trevor and I had a great day wedding-flower-looking (for our colors), running around Willow Pond Park in Murray (and hanging out with a random fisherman), and doing homework. Great day! I can't wait till June! Only 4 and something months away... (trying not to count the days, so far so good).
Best,
Lexi
No comments:
Post a Comment